The standard uniform for youth and high school soccer referees consists of a yellow jersey, black shorts, black stockings, and black shoes.
Alternate jersey colors for youth matches are black, red, blue, and green. Black is MSHSL’s official alternate color for high school games. Whatever the color, crew members should wear matching jerseys.
Soccer officials should keep their jerseys tucked in and their stockings pulled up while they are at the game site.
Certified referees should wear current USSF badges for youth games and MSHSL badges for high school matches.
- Officials receive USSF badges after they complete the certification requirements each year.
- SCMSOA provides MSHSL badges to new members when they join the Association.
All officials should carry flipping coins, pencils or pens, note paper or game report forms, watches, whistles, yellow and red cards, and assistant referee flags.
- Referees for MYSA games need cell phones or tablet computers with internet access to check in teams.
- SCMSOA members need vouchers when they officiate high school games.
- All officials need drinking water to prevent dehydration.
You may want other items as well, including sun screen, insect repellent, an equipment bag for your gear, and a large plastic trash bag to protect everything in case of rain.
Members can use the SCMSOA Forum to buy, sell, donate, and trade used items.
Referees also can purchase new uniforms and equipment from stores or online. Vendors include:
Official Sports International
SCMSOA provides warm-up jackets, embroidered with its logo, free of charge to active second year members who officiated at least ten games for the Association during their first high school season.
Other members can use the form below to order warm-up jackets, matching warm-up pants, and polo shirts from B. Stark & Co.