The COVID-19 epidemic has forced changes to soccer-related activities scheduled for spring, 2020.
- The Minnesota State Referee Committee has cancelled all in-person training clinics scheduled through April 19. The SRC plans to add clinics once restrictions on public gatherings have been lifted. New and returning referees may continue to use the SRC’s website to register and complete online training.
- The Minnesota Youth Soccer Association has suspended all activities and events until May 4, 2020.
- The Minnesota State High School League has suspended all participation in spring activities until further notice. No decisions regarding cancellations have been made at this time and there has been no announcement regarding fall sports, including soccer.
MSHSL, MYSA, and the SRC support efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 and may need to extend mitigation measures. You can monitor further developments here or at their websites.
Registration and training are available now for new and returning USSF referees through the Minnesota State Referee Committee (SRC) website. See Youth Certification for details.
Again this year, the Savage Sports Dome will host field training for new referees and those with limited experience. This event will allow them to practice officiating skills under the guidance of mentors in a low-key scrimmage environment.
Three sessions, each about three hours long, will start at 11:45 AM and end at 4:00 PM on Saturday, April 18. Each session can accommodate up to 39 officials. The sessions have been popular in past years so early registration is recommended.
Referees with three or fewer years of experience who have completed USSF certification for 2020 can register for this training at the Minnesota State Referee Committee’s website.
The South Central Minnesota Soccer Officials Association welcomes you to our website!
- If you are a current member, you’ll find news, resources, and links.
- If you are a prospective member, you can learn about our organization.
- If you want to become a referee, we can help you get started.
Contact us at email@example.com to share questions and comments.